Saturday, June 30, 2012

Where have I been?

Hello Friends!

I feel like I have been away for so long, I have been working so much overtime and enjoying my house being virtually empty of people that I haven't been doing much stitching or anything else, for that matter. I have been watching a bunch of movies for some reason.

I did finish the baby announcement for my friend at work, now all she has to do is have the baby and I can complete it with the name, birth date and frame it. We're all so excited at work, can't wait for our baby to be born. Yes we've all decided that she's ours.


 I can't wait to give it to her. I just hope she likes it.

I have been working off and on on the Train of Dreams SAL, I have decided that since I have completed the birth announcement for now, I'm going to get back to my Random Number generator and get my challenge pieces back in the mix. I have added the ToD to the list and another birth announcement since I just found out that my daughters best friend is pregnant too. I have a lot more time to do hers, so I should be able to get it done in time as well.

This is what I'm going to do for my daughters bestie. I bought this in the late 90's and have had it stashed ever since, I pulled it out of storage and the fabric is stained and the little bit of stitching I had started is dirty too so I'm just going to start all over. The floss in the kit has an odd musty smell so I have to convert the Bucilla floss colors over to DMC, no problem there.


 Now then, here's the TofD progress, just to keep you up to date with where I am on it.



 I've done a little more since that last pic, but not enough to warrant a new photo yet. I am really enjoying working on this, but I think I need a little break. Confetti is giving me headaches right now.

So I'll get back on soon and update with whatever the number generator comes up with. So sorry it has been a couple of weeks between posts, but I think things are slowing down a bit and the newness of having an empty "nest" is wearing off. See you soon and have a wonderful week! For those of us in the States, Have a safe 4th of July and if you are lucky enough to have fireworks, please televise them for us here in AZ, all of ours have been cancelled I believe.

3 comments:

gracie said...

Cancelled for us here in AZ? Oh I did not hear that. I usually get to see some as I am between Surprise and Peoria stadiums! ....

Otter said...

It's possible you may have fireworks up there, I'm in Tucson and as far as I know, all of ours are cancelled because there haven't been enough monsoon rains yet.

mdgtjulie said...

Oh, rotten, Otter. I love the televised fireworks. I could do without the neighbors letting the big bangers off right outside my window though. PITA, and they scare the crap out of me. Grats on the progress you made on ToD. It's looking good. And the confetti makes it look soooooooo good, it will totally be worth it in the end. Grats on finishing the baby sampler too. I hope she has an easy labor and delivery and a healthy babe. Hope you get the other one done on time too!! Have run with Random.org!