Sunday, February 26, 2012

Finish #3

I stitched an extra day on Dysfunctional because I was so close to being done. And today I finished.

Instead of putting the buttons on the stitching, I decided to hot glue them to the glass on the frame. I had so much fun doing this one. It was nice being able to see a lot of progress in a short time. I know it was not very complex and that made it go quite fast. Now I have to check with the random number generator to find out what I'm going to work on next.

I also took a picture of the back since I've seen a lot of people talking about the neatness of the backs of their work. Here's mine. I don't really try to make them neat, I think it just kind of happens that way. Of course this one is large blocks of one color so it was easy to keep it neat.

I spent most of the day waiting for the Daytona 500 to start, all to no avail. Postponed until tomorrow at noon. My DVR won't let me set up a timer to start at 10 am and end at around 2 or so, silly DVR. So I had to set it up to record all the programs starting at 10 and then extending the last one for 90 minutes. Oy what a mess! Thanks rain in Florida! Pfffffft!

OK then, I'm off to get started on next weeks piece. So until next time...Happy Stitching!!!


SoCal Debbie said...

Congratulations on your finish! It looks great (and so does the back). Thanks for letting me know the race was postponed. I thought I missed it! Will set up my DVR too.

SoCal Debbie said...

Oh boy, that race was REALLY postponed! But I watched it all, finally!

Great idea to glue the buttons on the glass instead!

Carol said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave such a nice comment :) I'm happy to have found yours, too! What a fun finish--the pile of multi-colored buttons in the corner is a very cute accent!