Friday, July 6, 2012

Update and Birthday

Since I posted in the middle of the week about my grandson Kai's birthday, I figured I'd start with that. He had his birthday party at the zoo. It was so hot I just couldn't go walking too much so I only have a few pictures of a couple of animals. But I have a few of the kids playing and a fabulous shot of a peacock that decided to come visit.
So please excuse me, this post is going to be heavy on pics for a change.

Literally a foot away from me.


Kai just before he chased the peacock away for the 2nd time.

There are 3 river otters inside that log. It was too hot even for them to come out to play.

Can't believe we got all of the kids to sit for about 30 seconds.
 


My hubby had baked a cake earlier in the day, so we turned it into a birthday cake, since we missed the cupcakes at the zoo.


The Birthday boy, Kai

Big brother Sky.

Kai and Skylor playing with the swords I bought them.
I did spend part of the week stitching on my Sea Otters. I love this cute design. I should have it completed when it comes around on the RNG next. First, where I left off, then where I ended up today.



Maybe I should have done the eyes and ears backstitching, he looks a bit odd without them defined.

Again, I have not "spun" the RNG to find out what's up this week, so I guess I'll surprise you with my next post. So until next time, I hope you have a wonderful weekend and week ahead!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello

Just found your blog.

The photos are lovely, that peacock is stunning.
Lovely photos of your grandsons and that cake looks divine.
Your otter WIP looks so sweet.
Hope you have a good weekend.